[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
A forum about programs for W:A and WWP. • View topic - Compilation of the Wheat Snooper How To.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Compilation of the Wheat Snooper How To.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

Last edited by lookias on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:21 pm 

Hi lookias :D Thanks for this forum. Anyways, I'm having trouble getting the WheatSnooper to compile. Qt Creator gives this message in the Output window:

Not a file(0):/home/violator/Games/Worms Armageddon/WA/WheatSnooper/netcoupler_1.8/netcoupler.pro not readable.
Error while parsing file /home/violator/Games/Worms Armageddon/WA/WheatSnooper/netcoupler_1.8/netcoupler.pro. Giving up.

Any thoughts? The link for the 64bit executable is down as well. (http://lookias.bplaced.net/wheat/The%20 ... 2064bit.7z)

Ubuntu 9.10
Qt Creator 1.3.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

Oh i forgot to say that the path to the source code is not allowed to have whitespaces:

/home/violator/Games/Worms Armageddon/WA/WheatSnooper/netcoupler_1.8/netcoupler.pro

includes a whitespace in "Worms Armageddon". Let me know if this solves your problem. :)

also 64 bit linux version is available again now (dont forget to use chmod for the bin file).

greetz lookias

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:46 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:15 pm 
Friendly helper

Oh, well g++ is the c++ compiler and you will probably also miss the make tool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:17 am 

Ok, that's fixed now I get this:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:05 pm 
Friendly helper

that doesnt tell me much, i need to see the text in the "compilation" (<- something like this) section.

Well its much harder to compile on linux then on windows :)

greetz lookias

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:54 pm 

I'm new to Linux and have never compiled anything before so I'm probably not the best person to do it :D

It messes up here:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lphonon
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [netcoupler] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/jeremy/Games/WheatSnooper/netcoupler_1.8'
Exited with code 2.
Error while building project netcoupler
When executing build step 'Make'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:46 pm 
Friendly helper

Oh, thats a bit weird i just downloaded all again and tried what you tried and i got the same error as you (not expected by me).

I need to check that to present a solution soon.

greetz lookias

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:32 am 
Friendly helper

Hello, im back with a solution. well you know its linux and there are some more things to do. You need to compile phonon.
At first install this packages:

gstreamer-0_10-devel
gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base-devel

These both are needed to get the gstreamer phonon-backend working (means that you will have sound :))

at next browse to you (path to creator)/qt path
(or that path which include the configure file) and type:

./configure -prefix . -phonon -phonon-backend -v

Now 2 Questions follow type o and yes for opensource and accept.

I think you will now get some errors, because the configure script cant find all dependencys. You will propably have to install some Xorg-devel files, maybe others too.
So install them and the redo this step in crator/bin:
./configure -prefix . -phonon -phonon-backend -v
Until it says

Qt is now configured for building. Just run 'gmake'
We dont run gmake now, instead we browse down to ./src/phonon and write:
make -j4 && make install
Do the same in the src/plugins/phonon folder.

Next in the creator we choose the snooper again and then click build->run qmake (maybe no exactly this, my creator is a german) now build->rebuild all.

At this point you will be able to run the snooper, the build produces the file netcoupler, you should put that file into an existing wheat folder and run it from there.

well thats not the easiest thing to do for a linux beginner, but compiling is one of the best skillz a linux user can have :)

greetz lookias

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]