It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:20 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Troubleshooting
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

The snooper doesnt play sound
The snooper needs a codec for the sound backend, ffdshow is a good one.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ffdshow
just install this and sound should work then.

the chat doesnt show my country letters correctly. (for exmaple russian letters)
this is a problem of the choosen font, you need to set up a font that includes the letters. you can change the font and color in stuff->schememaker or just rightclick the chattext and change the font directly.

The snooper crashes when i change the skin
this is a Qt related bug. Qt 4.5 might fixes it soon. but no worrie bevor changing the skin, the snooper saves all your settings.

My game lags when i use ANY snooper.
Some people seem to have this issue, the snooper provides a way to avoid this lags. you can close all windows. then you will still be in wormnet and others can still contact you (depends on their client, atm wheat and irc clients support it). You can also try to hide the channelwindows.

I experience some crashes
well no worrie about them. they happen due to a memory access violation inside the reserved memory for the snooper. i work on fixes and i also wait for Qt 4.5, when its out i will update the snooper and release a new version. so thumbs up, i hope i will overcome this bugs soon.

My game minimizes when a chatwindow opens
this problem occurs for some users and there is a simple way to avaoid that. rightclick the trayicon and go to stuff->settings->alarm and away and there activate the checkbox "dont open chatwindows automaticly, open them hided to tray".
if you do so, the chatwindows will not popup to the screen anymore, but you can raise them alone with a leftclick to the tray.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]