[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
A forum about programs for W:A and WWP. • View topic - Play WA On Linux - online tutorial
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Play WA On Linux - online tutorial
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:11 am 

Hey lookias,

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:53 am 

I've added a video to that page showing how I stretch the window out to get it to be "full-screen." When playing at my desktop res, the bottom of the worms game is cut off so I can't see the wind, and stretching the screen allows me to view everything like a normal full-screen worms game in Windoze.

Maybe there's an easier way to make it full screen I don't know? I just started using linux recently so let me know if I'm doing it the hard way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,
first of all i like that side. i havent read it all very carefully, because i dont have so much time atm. but let me add some ideas.

Actually you can play at fullscreen. On kde there is an option to remove the boarder from the window. With this option and the right resolution, youll get it running in fullscreen. Im not using gnome, but there might be a similar option somewhere. Maybe on compiz too?

When i want to get the mouse back, i press alt tab and choose a windows that overlays the wine window. I remember that there was a shortcut for compiz which minimizes a window, so that will do the trick aswell.

I cannot reproduce that power bug, but with newer opensuse updates i also experience some kb bugs, sometimes i have no kb at all. Only worms restarts seem to help.

On ubuntu it would be best to have ubuntu binarys, that may lead to less bugs, but compiling wine isnt very easy and it takes time to get all dependencys, thatswhy i only have opensuse binaries. maybe one day you can help me getting more binarys.

When i have more time to read your side, i may write more comments.

greetz lookias

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:50 pm 

Ok I added instructions for getting Fullscreen with CompizConfig.

To go from maximized to normal window I have to press ALT+F10. Or I can press ALT+Space and it brings up the right-click menu you would normally get when you right click on a title-bar for a window, and then I can select "unmaximize" and the other options.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]